Link: Box Score
Dudley, Mass. – The Albertus Magnus College men's soccer team fell on the road in its season opener to Nichols College, 4-1, on Sunday afternoon at Nichols Soccer Field.
FINAL SCORE: Nichols 4 | Albertus Magnus 1
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (0-1) | Nichols (2-0)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Nichols broke open the scoring in the second half as the hosts scored two late goals just four minutes apart to take the 2-0 advantage. Shortly after, sophomore Jonathan Beaucejour (Wallingford, Conn.) cut the Bisons' lead in half, 2-1, after netting his first goal of the season following a nice feed from Diogo Cruz (Naugatuck, Conn.).
However, Nichols took over on offense scoring the final two goals of the game to secure the non-conference home win.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Nichols outshot Albertus 32-11 and posted a 5-4 edge in corner kicks.
- The Falcons were led offensively by Beaucejour who tallied four shots and a goal.
- Gregory Giglio paced the Bisons' offense with five shots while Evan Lemoine and Chris Noga added four shots a piece.
- Beaucejour's tally was his third goal of his career.
BETWEEN THE PIPES
- Nichols – Patrick Porpora (2-0) | 5 Shots on goal | 1 Goal-Against | 4 Saves | 90 minutes
- Albertus Magnus – Joe Russo (North Haven, Conn.) (0-1) | 13 Shots on goal | 4 Goals-Against | 9 Saves | 90 minutes
The men's soccer team returns to action on Monday, Sept. 3 as the Falcons host SUNY New Paltz in a non-conference clash beginning at 6 p.m. at Celentano Field.