Link: Box Score
New Haven, Conn. - Sophomore Jonathan Beaucejour (Wallingford, Conn.) registered a season-high five points, behind two goals and an assist, to lead the Albertus Magnus College men's soccer team past University of Saint Joseph's (CT), 3-1, Wednesday evening under the lights at Celentano Field.
FINAL: Albertus Magnus 3 | University of Saint Joseph's (CT) 1
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (5-6-4, 4-2-4) | University of Saint Joseph's (7-4-2, 4-4-2)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Midway through the first, sophomore Abdoul Aremu (West Haven, Conn.) would give the Falcons the 1-0 advantage after finding the back of the net for his seventh of the season following a pass from Beaucejour at the 24th minute.
Albertus kicked into overdrive in the second as Beaucejour would extend the Falcons' lead to three, 3-0, following back-to-back goals at the 54th and 77th minute of play.
With less than nine minutes to go in regulation, Saint Joseph's Hayden Burbank would go on to score his second of the season to cut the hosts' lead to two, 3-1.
The Blue Jays continued to fight all the way to the buzzard registering six shot attempts, but we unsuccessful against the Falcons' defense and goal keeper.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Saint Joseph's held the edge in shots, 24-18, including a 12-7 shots on goal advantage.
- The Falcons won the battle in corner kicks, 6-5.
- Along with Beaucejour, freshman Emmanuel Yeboah (Hamden, Conn.) recorded a team-high four shots, including a shot on goal.
- Daniel Castro led the Blue Jays' offense with six shots, four of which were on goal.
BETWEEN THE PIPES
- Albertus - Joe Russo (North Haven, Conn.) (W, 5-6-4): 12 Shots on Goal | 1 Goal-Against | 11 Saves | 90 Minutes
- Saint Joseph's - Blase Whitting (L, 0-1-0): 7 Shots on Goal | 3 Goals-Against | 4 Saves | 90 Minutes
The men's soccer team returns to action on Saturday, October 20 as the Falcons travel to Nashua, N.H. to take on Rivier University. Kick-off is set for 6 p.m.