Albertus Magnus College
Men's Tennis Weekly Preview
Albertus Magnus College (0-0)
Sat. March 3 • 6 p.m. • U.S. National Tennis Center • Flushing, N.Y.
A NEW YEAR
The Albertus Magnus College men's tennis team looks to open the 2018 season on a high note as the Falcons face non-conference opponent Vaughn College on Saturday, March 3 at the U.S. National Tennis Center.
ALL-TIME VS. VAUGHN
Albertus Magnus is 1-0 against the Warriors in the all-time series.
LAST TIME VS. VAUGHN
Game (4/1/14): Albertus Magnus 8 | Vaughn 1 – RECAP / BOX SCORE
FALCONS TABBED FOURTH IN GNAC PRESEASON POLL
LINK: Complete GNAC Release
The Albertus Magnus College men's tennis team was picked to finish fourth in the South Division in the 2018 Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) Preseason Poll.
The Falcons, who are coming off a record of 2-10 last spring, earned eight points to finish 11-point behind third-place Rutgers-Camden. Rutgers-Newark finished second on the South side with 21 points while Ramapo received all eight first-place votes to land at the top with 32 points.
LAST SEASON RECAP
- The Falcons ended the 2017 campaign with an overall record of 2-10 and a conference mark of 0-3.
- Albertus Magnus posted wins over the College of New Rochelle and York (N.Y.).
- Former Falcon Dan Constantinidi opened last season with an undefeated record of 4-0 and finished out the year with a 5-7 record.
- Senior Daniel Constantinidi (North Branford, Conn.) was named to the 2017 Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) All-Conference Second Team for singles' play.
- Daniel Pollack represented the Falcons on the GNAC All-Sportsmanship team. Pollack appeared in all 12 matches and earned two wins at No. 3 singles and teamed with Constantinidi and Bryan Lober for two wins at No. 2 doubles.
- The men's tennis team also received the GNAC Institutional Sportsmanship Award, that is voted by the leagues' coaches.
The Falcons return to the court three weeks from now as the team takes on Lehman (3/24) and John Jay (3/25) in non-conference play.