Link: Box Score
Farmingdale, N.Y. – Junior Kiki Epps (Norwalk, Conn.) of the Albertus Magnus College women's basketball team netted a season-high 13 points as the Falcons defeated Farmingdale State, 72-65, in conference play on Saturday afternoon. The Falcons close out the month of December with an overall record of 7-3 and will enter 2018 on a three-game winning streak.
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (7-3) | Farmingdale State (5-7)
SCORE: Albertus Magnus 72 | Farmingdale State 65
HOW IT HAPPENED
Albertus Magnus opened the non-conference clash with an early 15-3 lead, which included six-points from senior Olivia Bolden (South Windsor, Conn.), before a 15-5 spurt by the hosts brought the score to within two, 20-18, with less than a minute to go in the first.
Up 22-18, Albertus Magnus continued its run into the second and found themselves up by nine, 27-18, following a layup from Jill Johnson (North Haven, Conn.) at the 8:14 mark. Three minutes later, Farmingdale State put together a 7-2 run, cutting the Falcons' lead to four, 29-25, but the visitors' closed out the quarter with a 42-30 lead at the half behind a 13-5 run.
Farmingdale State threatened the Falcons in the third quarter, outscoring the visitors, 14-11, and brought the score to within nine, 53-44, heading into the final 10 minutes of regulation.
Albertus Magnus resumed controlled of the game and pushed its lead back up to double-digits and never looked back, sealing the non-conference road win, 72-65.
- Following today's win, the Falcons are now 4-2 against Farmingdale State in the all-time series.
- Along with Epps, Johnson and Bolden posted in double-figures for Albertus Magnus.
- Bolden posted her ninth double-double of the season, 12 rebounds and 26 points.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- In the first half, Albertus Magnus shot an impressive 100 percent from the free throw line.
- Bolden and Johnson led the Falcons' offensively in the first half scoring 15 and 11 points, respectively.
- Albertus Magnus – 37.1% (field goal), 21.4% (three point) and 77.3% (free throw)
- Farmingdale State – 34.7% (field goal), 28.9% (three point) and 44.4% (free throw)
- The Rams were led by Essence Casey's team-high 22 points, 12 rebounds and four assists, while Alexis Antonacci and Kaelyn Ward finished with 16 and 14 points, respectively.
- Johnson produced a game-high eight assists and five steals for Albertus Magnus.
- Junior guard Selena LaFranca scored 11 of the Rams' 15 bench points.
- Farmingdale State held a 49-48 edge of the Falcons in rebounds.
- The Rams posted 19 turnovers, while Albertus Magnus scored 26 points off those errors.
- The Falcons scored 38 of their 72 points in the paint compared to the hosts who recorded 29.
Albertus Magnus opens 2018 with a non-conference tilt against Westfield State on Thursday, January 4 at 7 p.m. Farmingdale State next hosts Skyline Conference opponent St. Joseph's-Brooklyn on Wednesday, January 3rd at 4:00 p.m.