Link: Box Score
Riverdale, N.Y. - Senior Jill Johnson (North Haven, Conn.), junior Rah Rah Thompson (Bridgeport, Conn.) and sophomore Andreah Orr (Danbury, Conn.) each recorded a double-double as the Albertus Magnus College women's basketball team defeated the College of Mount Saint Vincent, 79-65, Thursday evening in non-conference play at the Peter Jay Sharp Athletic and Recreation Center.
FINAL SCORE: Albertus Magnus College 79 | Mt. St. Vincent 65
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus College (9-1) | Mt. St. Vincent (2-7)
ALL-TIME SERIES RECORD: Following tonight's win, Albertus improves its all-time record to 2-1 against the College of Mount Saint Vincent.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Dolphins started the first quarter with a small 7-5 lead thanks to Yamilersy Reyes who scored five of the seven.
- This would be the only lead the Dolphins saw all night as the Falcons proved to be too much on offense as they kept hitting crucial three points at key moments.
- At the 2:59 mark, Johnson would give the Falcons a 10-point cushion, 17-7, on a made layup after stealing the ball away from Kadesha Hamilton.
- The second quarter became too much for the Dolphins as the hosts headed into halftime trailing the Falcons by 18, 43-25.
- Albertus held Mt. St. Vincent to only nine points in the second quarter, including four from Reyes.
- Mt. St. Vincent continued to chip away at the Falcons' lead as the Dolphins found themselves within 12, 58-46, with less than a minute to go in the third.
- Johnson would pushed the visitors' lead back up to 14, 60-46, after closing out the quarter with a pair of free throws.
- Albertus maintained a 14-point lead for the majority of the fourth until two free throws from Gabriela Goldman brought the hosts to within 12, 73-61, with a minute remaining in regulation.
- However, it was too little too late for the Dolphins to climb all the way back as the Falcons secured the road win.
- Jill Johnson - 19 points (8-18 FG, 0-3 3PT, 3-3 FT) | 3 rebounds | 12 assists | 4 steals
- Rah Rah Thompson - 18 points (7-16 FG, 0-1 3PT, 4-6 FT) | 21 rebounds | 4 assists | 3 blocks
- Kristin Cunning (Hoboken, N.J.) - 15 points (5-20 FG, 5-18 3PT) | 4 rebounds
- Andreah Orr - 10 points (5-10 FG) | 14 rebounds | 6 blocks
Mt. St. Vincent:
- Aria Rheams - 27 points | 20 rebounds | 2 assists | 3 steals
- Gabriela Goldman - 10 points | 3 rebounds | 1 assist
The women's basketball team returns to action on Saturday, December 15 as the Falcons host Gordon. Tip-off is set for 1pm at "The Nest".