FINAL SCORE: Saint Joseph's (Me.) 15 | Albertus Magnus 2
TEAM RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (4-9, 1-8) | Saint Joseph's (Me.) (11-3, 7-1)
Portland, Me. – The Albertus Magnus College women's lacrosse team closed out the 2017 regular season with a road loss to Saint Joseph's (Me.), 15-2, in a Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) match-up on Saturday afternoon at Fitzpatrick Stadium.
HOW IT HAPPENED
Five minutes into regulation, Saint Joseph's (Me.) struck first scoring the first goal of the game to take the early 1-0 lead. Two minutes later, freshman Courtney Cacace (Brookfield, Conn.) tied the game up at 1-1 after she found the back of the net for her 20th goal of the season. However, the Monks would close out the first with nine straight goals to take a 10-1 lead at the half.
Saint Joseph's (Me.) continued its momentum into the second half, opening the frame with four goals, 14-1, until the 9:38 mark as Aida Sarr (Bronx, N.Y.) scored the Falcons' second goal of the game, 14-2. The Falcons' would continue to battle back, but would fall 15-2 at the buzzard.
INSIDE THE STATS
- In net, Lexie Fenn (Oakville, Conn.) earned the loss and posted 17 saves.
- Two players for Saint Joseph's (Me.) posted a hat trick while three other players added two goals.
- Albertus Magnus was 13-of-16 in clear attempts and 1-of-5 in free position shots.
- The Monks were 13-of-17 in clear attempts and 2-of-7 in free position shots.
- Saint Joseph's won the battle in ground balls, 27-18, shots, 35-13, and draw controls, 14-4.