Boston, Mass. - The Albertus Magnus College women's soccer team dropped a Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) road match against Simmons, 2-1, in overtime on Wednesday evening at Daly Field.
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (3-5-1, 2-4-1) | Simmons (6-3-2, 4-2-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED
In the opening half, neither team was unable to break through as the two sides entered halftime tied at 0-0.
Simmons Mikayla Elliott broke the scoreless contest in the 61st minute of play with her sixth goal of the fall. However, 15 minutes later, junior midfielder Kerrigan Loughman (Trumbull, Conn.) tied the game at 1-1 after finding the back of the net after taking a shot 30 yards, sending the game into overtime.
At the 94th minute of play, Liz Donavan would find the back of the net to secure the home win for the Sharks. Donavan took a shot from 30 yards out following the corner kick from Elliott.
INSIDE THE STATS
- Simmons outshot the Falcons, 32-7, including a 21-4 edge in shots on goal.
- The Sharks also won the battle in corner kicks, 7-3.
- Sophomore Erin Daly (Seymour, Conn.) and senior Angelina Piccirillo (Naugatuck, Conn.) paced the Falcons' offense with team-high two shots while Loughman and senior Amanda Montano (North Haven, Conn.) added a shot each.
- Simmons was led offensively by Elliott and Ciara Forde who recorded an impressive nine shots a piece.
- Junior keeper Lexie Fenn (Oakville, Conn.) picked up the loss for the Falcons despite making 19 saves in net.
- Casey Halle recorded three saves in goal for the Sharks and improves to 6-3-2 on the year following tonight's win.
Albertus Magnus looks to bounce back as the Falcons take on Regis (Mass.) on Saturday afternoon in a GNAC affair beginning at 12 p.m. Simmons College will be back in action this week on Friday evening at Norwich.