Weston, Mass. – The Albertus Magnus College women's soccer team topped Regis (Mass.), 2-0, on the road in a Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) clash on Saturday afternoon at Regis Stadium.
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (4-5-1, 3-4-1 GNAC) | Regis (Mass.) (2-7-1, 1-6-1 GNAC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Albertus Magnus opened the scoring in the 12th minute of play as senior Angelina Piccirillo (Naugatuck, Conn.) tallied her second goal of the season. Off a Falcon corner kick, the ball found the foot of senior Victoria Lavery (West Haven, Conn.), who fed a pass to Piccirillo to give the Falcons a 1-0 lead.
Twelve minutes later, the Falcons doubled their lead, as senior Amanda Montano (North Haven, Conn.) tallied her second goal of the season on a shot from the top of the box. The unassisted goal gave the Falcons a 2-0 lead, which they would carry into halftime.
The Falcons' backline, along with Lexie Fenn (Oakville, Conn.), kept the potent Pride attack off the board for the remainder of the way to secure the road win.
INSIDE THE STATS
- This was the second shutout win for the Falcons this fall.
- Junior Lexie Fenn (Oakville, Conn.) was credited with her fourth win of the season in goal as well as tallied 12 saves.
- Kyrsten Drake, who made two saves in net, got the loss for the Pride.
- Regis (Mass.) outshot Albertus 22-11 in the contest.
- The Falcons won the battle in corner kicks, 3-1.
- Regis (Mass.) was led offensively by Rachel Kelly who recorded a team-high six shots, including four shots on goal.
The Falcons will be off for a week before hosting Saint Joseph's (Me.) for Homecoming next Saturday at 3:30. The Pride will return to the pitch on Wednesday as the team travels to Norwich for a 4:00 p.m. start.