Link: Box Score
Providence, R.I. - Freshman Jordan Kikosicki (East Haven, Conn.) of the Albertus Magnus College women's soccer team netted her second goal of the season as the Falcons fell in their conference opener to Johnson & Wales by a score of 3-1.
FINAL SCORE: Johnson & Wales 3 | Albertus Magnus 1
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (1-4, 0-2) | Johnson & Wales (3-3, 2-0)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Albertus Magnus got the first goal of the game in the fourth minute. JWU goalkeeper Colleen Lynch made a great save, but the rebound went to Kikosicki and she put it home for the first score.
The Falcons helped JWU get its first goal as Deja Hursey's shot hit off the foot of an Albertus defender and into the net. Hursey's second attempt of the game came 11 minutes later as she took the pass from Olivia Cairrao and fired it in the net.
The Wildcats added an insurance goal in the 70th minute. Emily Zeblsky fed Jaclyn Larsen the ball and she drilled it in from 30 yards out.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- JWU had a number of scoring opportunities with a 36-4 shot advantage.
- Falcons' netminder Lexie Fenn (Oakville, Conn.) kept Albertus in the game with a season-high 10 saves.
- The Wildcats also held the advantage in corner kicks, 8-1.
- Sophomore Maddy Rowe (Branford, Conn.) led the Falcons with a game-high three shots.
BETWEEN THE PIPES
- Albertus Magnus - Lexie Fenn (L, 0-3): 13 Shots on Goal | 3 Goals-Against | 10 Saves | 90 minutes
- Johnson & Wales - College Lynch (W, 3-3): 4 Shots on Goal | 1 Goal-Against | 3 Saves | 90 minutes
The women's soccer team returns to action this Saturday, September 15th as the Falcons host Emmanuel College at 1:30 pm as part of Homecoming Weekend.