Link: Box Score
Weston, Mass. - Freshman Haley Andrews (Prospect, Conn.) netted her eighth goal of the season at the 66th minute as the Albertus Magnus College women's soccer team fell on the road to Regis (Mass.) College, 4-1, Wednesday evening at Regis Stadium.
FINAL: Regis (Mass.) 4 | Albertus Magnus 1
RESULTS: Albertus Magnus (2-8, 1-6) | Regis (Mass.) (6-5, 4-4)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Regis contolled the opening 45 minutes of play outshooting the Falcons, 19-1, as well as held a 2-0 lead at the half behind goals from Kaylee Francis and Rachel Kelly.
Payton Fitzgerald would extended the hosts' lead four, 4-0, after scoring back-to-back goals at the 49th and 64th minute of action. Andrews broke the Falcons' silence at the 66th minute, but the visitors were unable to make the comeback, falling on the road, 4-1.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Regis outshot Albertus, 38-6.
- The Pride also won the battle in corner kicks, 7-5.
- Senior Morgan Gigliotti (Wolcott, Conn.) and junior Erin Daly (Seymour, Conn.) led the Falcons' attack with two shots each.
- Along with her goal and assist, Rachel Kelly registered a team-high nine shots.
- Nine players from Regis recorded two or more shots.
BETWEEN THE PIPES
- Albertus Magnus - Lexie Fenn (Oakville, Conn.) (L, 0-5): 15 Shots on Goal | 4 Goals-Against | 11 Saves | 90 minutes
- Regis (Mass.) - Oriana Attridge (W, 3-4): 3 Shots on Goal | 1 Goals-Against | 2 Saves | 90 minutes
The women's soccer team returns to action on Wednesday, Oct. 10 as the Falcons host Simmons University. Kick-off is set for 6 p.m. at Celentano Field.