Link: Box Score
Waltham, Mass. - Freshman Emmanuel Yeboah (Hamden, Conn.) scored the game-winning goal in the 63rd minute to give the Albertus Magnus College men's soccer team a 2-1 win over GNAC foe Lasell College Wednesday afternoon on the campus of Brandeis University. Yeboah's game-winner was his second of the season.
FINAL: Albertus Magnus 2 | Lasell 1
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (2-3-2, 1-1-2) | Lasell (1-5-2, 0-4-2)
HOW IT HAPPENED
After a scoreless first half, junior Diogo Cruz (Naugatuck, Conn.) got things started for the Falcons scoring his second goal of the season to give the Falcons the late advantage, 1-0.
Shortly after, Lasell's Kyle Stewart would even the score at 1-1, but Yeboah would seal the win scoring his second goal of the year following a nice feed from junior Matt Cotto (Stratford, Conn.).
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Both Albertus and Lasell recorded 13 shots, but the Falcons held an 8-7 edge in shots on goal.
- The Falcons won the battle in corner kicks, 8-7.
- Along with his goal, Yeboah led the visitors with three shots.
- Four players for Albertus posted two shots apiece.
- Carter Migre recorded a team-best four shots for the Lasers.
BETWEEN THE PIPES
- Albertus – Joe Russo (North Haven, Conn.) (W, 2-3-2): 7 Shots on Goal | 1 Goal-Against | 6 Saves | 90 minutes
- Lasell – Jackson Burhans (L, 0-5-2): 8 Shots on Goal | 2 Goals-Against | 6 Saves | 90 minutes
The men's soccer team returns to action on Saturday, September 29 as the Falcons take on Regis (Mass.) in a road showdown at 4 pm.