Link: Box Score
New London, N.H. - The Albertus Magnus College men's soccer team fought for 110 minutes on Saturday afternoon in Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) action, forcing a 2-2 tie with Colby Sawyer in double overtime. The Falcons battled back after trailing the Chargers, 2-0, with 48:48 left to play in regulation.
FINAL: Albertus Magnus 2 | Colby Sawyer 2 (2OT)
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (3-4-4, 2-1-4) | Colby Sawyer (4-6-1, 4-3-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Colby Sawyer held a 1-0 edge at the half after Noah Camelo netted his third of the season off a header on free kick from Tim Driscoll.
Less than four minutes into the second, the Chargers struck again as Mason Galbato found the ball off a rebound shot from Matt Schiller, extending the hosts lead to 2-0.
Junior Matt Cotto (Stratford, Conn.) cut the Chargers' lead in half, 2-1, scoring his second of the season after finding the loose ball in the air.
Albertus and Colby Sawyer battled through two ten-minute overtime periods, but neither team was able to find the back of the net ending the game in a 2-2 draw.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Colby Sawyer outshot Albertus by an 18-7 edge.
- The Chargers also won the battle in corner kicks, 11-1.
- Along with Cotto, freshman Emmanuel Yeboah (Hamden, Conn.) recorded two shots.
- Ryan Kresco led the Chargers' attack with a five shots, including three on goal
- During overtime, Colby Sawyer posted a 3-1 advantage in shots.
BETWEEN THE PIPES
- Albertus Magnus - Joe Russo (North Haven, Conn.) (T, 3-4-4): 8 Shots on Goal | 2 Goals-Against | 6 Saves | 110 minutes
- Colby Sawyer - Lucas Boetsh (T, 3-1-1): 6 Shots on Goal | 2 Goals-Against | 4 Saves | 110 minutes
The men's soccer team returns to action on Wednesday, Oct. 10 as the Falcons travel to Paxton, Mass. to take on Anna Maria College. Game time is set for 4 p.m.