Link: Box Score
New Haven, Conn. – Senior guard Jill Johnson (North Haven, Conn.) of the Albertus Magnus College women's basketball team joined the 1,000 career points club in the Falcons' home win over Anna Maria College, 80-50, Tuesday evening at "The Nest" in Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) play.
FINAL: Albertus Magnus College 80 | Anna Maria College 50
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (13-1, 1-0) | Anna Maria (3-11, 0-2)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Albertus controlled the opening 10 minutes of play as the Falcons held a 16-point lead entering the second, 26-10.
- Johnson would go on to score her 1,000th career point at the 5:50 mark in the first following a three-point play.
- Four minutes remaining in the second, Albertus saw its lead grow to 24, 40-16, following a jumper from Andreah Orr (Danbury, Conn.).
- Anna Maria continued to chip away at the hosts' lead and found themselves trailing by 26, 48-22, with a minute remaining in the frame.
- The AMCATS closed out the half with a 4-2 run, but Albertus would head into halftime up 50-26.
- Sierra Johnson started off the third with back-to-back baskets for the AMCATS, making the score 50-30.
- Albertus answered back with an 11-2 run to extend the lead to 31, 61-32.
- Albertus would close out the third with a 10-8 run to bring the score to 71-40.
- The Falcons largest lead of the game came at the 5:34 mark as the hosts led by 36 with 5:34 left in the fourth.
- In the final quarter, the Falcons won the frame 10-9 to help secure the home win.
- Jill Johnson – 22 Points (9-16 FG, 1-2 3PT, 3-5 FT) |2 rebounds | 3 assists
- Rah Rah Thompson (Bridgeport, Conn.) – 14 Points (6-9 FG, 1-1 3PT, 1-3 FT) | 9 rebounds | 3 assists | 2 blocks
- Andreah Orr – 13 Points (5-10 FG, 0-1 3PT, 3-4 FT) | 9 rebounds |1 assists | 3 blocks
- Shyla Osmond (New Haven, Conn.) – 10 Points (5-15 FG, 0-4 3PT) | 12 rebounds | 8 assist | 3 steals
- Sierra Johnson – 18 Points | 5 rebounds
- Amber Wilson – 10 Points | 2 rebounds | 1 assist
Albertus continues GNAC play on Thursday, January 10 as the Falcons travel to Standish, Me. to take on No. 10 Saint Joseph's College of Maine. Tip-off is set for 5:30 p.m.