Boston, Mass. - The Albertus Magnus College women's soccer team saw its season come to an end on Saturday afternoon as the Lady Falcons fell to the third-seeded Saints of Emmanuel (Mass.) College in the quarterfinal round of the 2019 Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) Tournament at Roberto Clemente Field.
FINAL: #3 Emmanuel (Mass) 5 | #6 Albertus Magnus 2
RECORDS: Albertus Magnus (8-8-1) | Emmanuel (Mass.) (10-8-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Saints headed into halftime with a three-goal cushion, 3-0, behind a pair of goals from Megan McMillen at the 18th and 32nd minute, respectively, and a goal from Paige White with less than five minutes remaining in the first.
McMillen put the game out of reach in the 58th minute with her third score of the afternoon, poking home her fourth goal of the season following a scrum in the box to make it a 4-0 lead.
Emmanuel's Hannah Sheskey got into the scoring column with her sixth goal of the season to bump the lead to 5-0.
The visitors were able to gain some momentum and avoid the shutout as junior Katherine Raposo (Warwick, R.I.) found the back of the net for her 16th goal of the season on an assist from from Jenessa Perez(Oxford, Conn.).
Minutes later, Raposo capped her junior season with her team-leading 17th goal of the year, finishing a pass from Keegan Riccio (West Haven, Conn.) to account for the 5-2 final score.
Emmanuel's first year keeper Alyssa Crugnal picked up the win to improve to 5-0-1 on the year in net making five saves.
Senior goalkeeper Cassidy Scofield (Shelton, Conn.) ended an outstanding career with the Falcons by making 10 saves in defeat.
BETWEEN THE PIPES
- Albertus - Cassidy Scofield (L, 6-8-1): 15 Shots on Goal | 5 Goals-Against | 10 Saves
- Emmanuel (Mass.) - Alyssa Crugnale (W, 5-0-1): 7 Shots on Goal | 2 Goals-Against | 5 Saves
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- The Saints outshot the Falcons, 24-13.
- Both Albertus and Emmanuel (Mass.) recorded five corner kicks.
- Junior Sophia Austin (East Hartford, Conn.) also served as an offensive threat for the Falcons tallying three shot attempts.
- Haley Andrews (Prospect, Conn.) and Riccio posted two shots each.
- Natalie Dash and Sydney Allen combined for 10 of the Saints' 24 shot attempts.
- Following today's loss, Albertus is 1-2-1 against the Saints in the postseason.
- With today's loss, Albertus falls to 4-9-3 all-time in the postseason.
- Perez recorded her first collegiate assist.
- Riccio's assist at the 85:07 mark her fifth of the season and she finishes the season with 11 points behind three goals and five assists.